Carbon Footprints and Green Resolutions
I've heard all kinds of "Green" New Years Resolutions from friends and work mates and all over the web.
While I don't sit down and create New Years Resolutions for myself (I do something different), finding better ways to live "green" are always on my "to do" list.
So I thought it was time to check back in with my carbon footprint. My carbon footprint represents my impact on resources.
The quiz breaks down footprints by category; Carbon Footprint, Food Footprint, Housing Footprint, and Goods and Services Footprint.
So if you are inclined, check out how eco-friendly your lifestyle is.
Take the Footprint Quiz here
Learn how to reduce your footprint here
Explore the myfootprint.org webiste here
My results, according to Ecological Footprint. Despite all the changes I've made over the past couple of years, if everyone on the planet lived my lifestyle, we would need 3.18 Earths to sustain us. Room for improvement! I am well below the Country average in each category with my largest impact was in the Carbon Footprint category.
How many Earth's does your lifestyle require? Do the results surprise you? What are you doing to be more eco-friendly and green? Share your tips and thoughts in the comments section below.



1 comments:
wow. we would 4.54 earths if everyone lived like me and I'm pretty good, or so I thought. Much room for improvemet indeed. My biggest surprise was that shopping locally and buying organic would benefit the environment....now that I think about it I'm not sure why that's surprising but I somehow didn't put the two together. I'd like to take it again with what I know now in a year and see where I'm at. A gut check for sure.
Post a Comment