Brain Atropy Prevention
541.555.1212, 541.555.6789, 541.555.1234
I remember a time when I used to remember all the phone numbers I could conceive of needing to call in my head. I could spout off any number I needed without thinking about it.
When I started carrying a cellphone some 15 (!!!) years ago, that practice became obsolete.
Since then, I have often wondered about and mourned the loss of the brain power needed to keep all those numbers in their proper places. Surely entire generations are doomed to some new form of Brain Atrophy Disease (B.A.D.) because we now have an endless supply of gadgets to remember the information for us.
But wait! What about passwords? No, I don't need to remember phone numbers but I do have to remember a lot of passwords. Oodles and oodles of them. They all have to be different because who knows what kind of havoc could be wrecked upon my life if someone worked out just one of them, not to mention the global disaster involved should I have just one password for everything and that precious thing got hacked.
I know, I know - there are password banks that will store all your passwords safely locked away in technology, provided you remember your MASTER password and make sure it is very nearly hack proof. But then we are back to B.A.D. People, this is how the Penguin lost its ability to fly. And look at them now - they spend months a year huddled up on the ice in one giant circle constantly moving so they don't freeze to death.
Passwords are my salvation.
I wonder if anyone is trying to sell password insurance.



0 comments:
Post a Comment